§ 1–801.02. Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) The term “contract” means the contract under § 1-807.05 between the Secretary and the Trustee, and includes any agreement with a department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States entered into under that section.
(2) The term “covered District employee” means a teacher of the District of Columbia public schools, or a member of the Metropolitan Police Force or the Fire Department of the District of Columbia, as defined under the District Retirement Program.
(3) The term “D.C. Federal Pension Fund” means the District of Columbia Teachers, Police Officers, and Firefighters Federal Pension Fund established under § 1-817.01.
(5) The term “District Retirement Fund” means the District of Columbia Police Officers and Fire Fighters Retirement Fund and the District of Columbia Teachers Retirement Fund, as defined in the Reform Act.
(6) The term “District Retirement Program” means any of the retirement programs for teachers and members of the Metropolitan Police Force and Fire Department, as described in § 1-702(7) as in effect on the day before the freeze date (except as provided under § 1-803.02(e) and (f) and as amended by § 11013 of the District of Columbia Retirement Protection Act of 1997).
(7) The term “enrolled actuary” means the enrolled actuary engaged by the Trustee under § 1-813.01(a).
(8) The term “Federal benefit payment” means a payment described in § 1-803.02.
(9) The term “Federal Supplemental Fund” means the Federal Supplemental District of Columbia Pension Fund created under § 1-811.01.
(10) The term “freeze date” means June 30, 1997.
(11) The term “person” means an individual; partnership; joint venture; corporation; mutual company; joint-stock company; trust; estate; unincorporated organization; association; employee organization; or department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States.
(12) The term “Reform Act” means the District of Columbia Retirement Reform Act (Public Law 96-122).
(13) The term “replacement plan” means the plan described in § 1-809.02.
(14) The term “replacement plan adoption date” means the date upon which the legislation establishing the replacement plan becomes effective, or the first day after the expiration of the 1-year period which begins on August 5, 1997, whichever occurs first.
(15) The term “Trust Fund” means the District of Columbia Federal Pension Liability Trust Fund established under § 1-807.01.
(16) The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Treasury or the Secretary’s designee.