§ 10–1202.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1A) “Armory” means the District of Columbia National Guard Armory.
(1B) “Authority” means the Washington Convention and Sports Authority established pursuant to § 10-1202.02.
(1C) “Bond” or “bonds” means any revenue bond, note, or other obligation (including refunding bonds, notes, or other obligations) used to borrow money to finance, assist in financing, or to refinance undertakings authorized by this chapter.
(2) “Chief Financial Officer” means the Chief Financial Officer established by § 1-204.24a(a).
(3) “Costs” means any and all expenses including expenses for preconstruction and construction, acquisition, alteration, enlargement of furnishing, fixturing and equipping, reconstruction and rehabilitation of the new convention center, including without limitation, the purchase or lease expense for all lands, structures, real or personal property, rights, rights-of-way, roads, franchises, easements and interest acquired or used for, or in connection with the new convention center project, the cost of demolishing or removing buildings or structures on land so acquired, including the expenses incurred for acquiring any lands to which the buildings may be moved or located, the expenses incurred for all utility lines, structures or equipment charges, interest prior to, during and for a period as the Authority may reasonably determine to be necessary for the placing of the new convention center in operation, provisions for reserves for principal and interest for extensions, enlargements, additions and improvements, expenses incurred for architectural engineering, energy efficiency technology, design and consulting, financial and legal services, fees for letters of credit, bond insurance, debt service or debt service reserve insurance, surety bonds or similar credit enhancement instruments, plans, specification studies, surveys, estimates of expenses and of revenues, expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility of constructing the new convention center, the financing of such construction, development and acquisition of the project in operation including, without limitation, a proper allowance for contingencies and the provision of reasonable initial working capital for operating the new convention center.
(3A) "Cultural institution" means a nonprofit organization in the arts, including a museum or theater, incorporated under the laws of the District.
(4A) “District sports and entertainment facility” means:
(A) Any stadium, arena, or recreation site owned, operated, or under the direct control of the Authority, including Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, the District of Columbia National Guard Armory, and the ballpark, as defined in § 47-2002.05(a)(1)(A).
(B) Any property subordinate, or functionally related, to any stadium, arena, or recreation site, including team offices domiciled in a District sports and entertainment facility, parking lots, parking garages, and practice facilities.
(5) “Existing convention center” means the convention center constructed pursuant to subchapter III of this chapter, including any land and improvements appurtenant thereto.
(6) “New convention center” means a comprehensive international trade and exhibition center, to be constructed in 1 or more phases within an area designated pursuant to § 10-1202.15.
(7) “New convention center hotel” means a hotel to be constructed on the real property located in Lot 26 (formerly known as Lots 18, 21, 22, 24, 801 through 806, 830 through 839, 843, and 845), Square 370, bounded by 9th Street, N.W., 10th Street, N.W., L Street, N.W., and Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
(8) “Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium” includes all property, facilities, equipment, and appliances of any kind comprising the areas designated as A, B, C, D, or E on the revised map entitled “Map to Designate Transfer of Stadium and Lease of Parking Lots to the District,” prepared jointly by the National Park Service (National Capital Region) and the District of Columbia Department of Public Works for site development and dated October 1986 (NPS drawing number 831/87284-A) and any other future additions thereto.