§ 10–711. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "DGS" means the Department of General Services.
(1A) "Construction" means the building, modernization, or renovation of District facilities; except, that the term "construction" does not include modernization or renovation projects that do not rise to the level of a substantial renovation, as defined in paragraph (5A) of this section.
(2) "Hazardous waste" shall have the same meaning as provided in § 8-1302(2).
(3) "Minimum risk pesticides" means pesticide products listed in 40 C.F.R. § 152.25(f).
(4) "Organic pesticides" means pesticides including no active ingredients other than those published in the National List at 7 C.F.R. §§ 205.601 and 205.606.
(5) "Public building" means any building owned by the District of Columbia where people regularly occupy the building, including assembly spaces, places of employment and education, child and adult care facilities, health care centers, foster care facilities, and homeless shelters.
(5A) "Substantial renovation" means the reconstruction of 50% or more of a public building.
(6) "Toxic chemical" shall have the same meaning as provided in § 8-1302(6A).