§ 2–1208.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Chief Financial Officer” means the Office of the Chief Financial Officer established by § 1-204.24a.
(2) "Economic development incentive" or "incentive" means any expenditure of public funds by a granting body for the purpose of stimulating economic development or creating affordable housing within the District of Columbia, including any funds from the District or funds that, in accordance with a federal grant or otherwise, the District government administers, including land disposition and development agreements, financial subsidies, or expenditures of the Housing Production Trust Fund or of the Housing Preservation Fund, or any bond issuance, including pilot bond, tax increment financing bond, or revenue bond issuances, grant, loan, loan guarantee, fee waiver, land price subsidy, matching fund, tax abatement, tax exemption, tax credit, or any other tax expenditure.
(3) “Granting body” means an agency, board, office, instrumentality, or authority of the District government that provides or authorizes an economic development incentive.
(4) “Recipient” means any non-governmental person association, corporation, joint venture, partnership, or other entity that receives an economic development incentive.
(5) “Tax expenditure” shall include any loss of revenue to the District government that is attributable to an exemption, abatement, credit, reduction, or other exclusion under District tax law.
(6) “Unified Economic Development Budget Report” or “Report” means the document that the Chief Financial Officer is required to create under § 2-1208.02.