§ 2–1211.02. Findings.
The Council finds that:
(1) Unemployment in some areas of the District exceeds 10%.
(2) The incidence of business dislocation in the District is alarming.
(3) Many areas of the District suffer from the overall pattern of urban blight seen in other northeastern American cities.
(4) Blighted areas have become a haven for criminal activity and have had a detrimental effect on the residential life of surrounding areas.
(5) Enterprise zones established in other jurisdictions have created an aggregate of over 80,000 jobs and $3 billion in investments.
(6) The promotion of small business growth will lead to a better climate for employment and a better life for District residents.