§ 2–1505. Duties of Director.
The Director of the Office shall:
(1) Systematically review and evaluate the full array of programs operated by the District of Columbia impacting on children and youth, as specified in § 2-1504(a);
(2) Plan and develop demonstration youth programs for transfer to other operating agencies upon their validation after no more than 3 years of operation;
(3) Present the interest of children and youth before other administrative and regulatory agencies and legislative bodies of the District of Columbia government;
(4) Assist, advise, and cooperate with local, federal, and private agencies to promote the interest of children and youth in the District of Columbia;
(5) Develop criteria for the validation of programs for children and youth which shall be widely disseminated and utilized in the review and evaluation of programs;
(6) Issue an annual report on the current status of programs for children and youth on a citywide basis, both governmental and private; and
(7) Perform such other functions and duties consistent with the purpose of this subchapter which may be deemed necessary and appropriate to promote the welfare of children and youth.