§ 2–1596. Membership.
(a) The Commission shall include the:
(1) Mayor, who shall serve as Chair;
(2) Chairman of Council of the District of Columbia;
(3) Chair of the Committee on Human Services;
(4) Chief Judge, Family Court, Superior Court of the District of Columbia;
(5) Deputy Mayor for Education;
(6) City Administrator;
(7) State Superintendent of Education;
(8) Chancellor of the District of Columbia Public Schools;
(9) Chair of the Public Charter School Board;
(10) Director of the Department of Human Services;
(11) Director of the Child and Family Services Agency;
(12) Director of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services;
(13) Director of the Department of Corrections;
(14) Director of the Department of Health;
(15) Director of the Department of Mental Health;
(16) Chief of the Metropolitan Police Department;
(17) Director of the Court Social Services Agency;
(18) Attorney General for the District of Columbia;
(19) Director of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council;
(20) Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation;
(21) Director of the District of Columbia Public Library;
(22) Executive Director of the Children and Youth Investment Trust Corporation;
(23) President of the State Board of Education; and
(24) In consultation with youth service advocates and organizations throughout the community, 5 members from the community, appointed by the Mayor, in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) The Mayor, by order, may appoint additional members to the Commission, as necessary.
(c)(1) The members of the community appointed pursuant to subsection (a)(24) of this section shall include:
(A) A local funder of youth service and development activities;
(B) A representative of the early childhood education community;
(C) A representative of the youth service provider community;
(D) A representative from the post-secondary preparedness community; and
(E) An expert on primary and secondary education policy.
(2) Members of the community appointed pursuant to subsection (a)(24) of this section may be rotated or changed based upon the agenda for each Commission meeting.