§ 2–1599.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Coordinating Committee" means Students in the Care of D.C. Coordinating Committee.
(2) "Local education agency" means the District of Columbia Public Schools system or any individual or group of public charter schools operating under a single charter.
(3) "OSSE" means Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
(4) "Resident" means an individual who presently resides in the District or who was residing in the District at the time the individual became a student in the care of D.C.
(5) "Students in the Care of D.C." means District residents under 25 years of age who are incarcerated or detained by, committed to and under the custody of, or otherwise under the supervision of, the:
(A) Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services;
(B) Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency;
(C) Pretrial Services Agency for the District of Columbia;
(D) Family Court Social Services Division;
(E) Child and Family Services Agency;
(F) Department of Corrections; or
(G) Federal Bureau of Prisons.