§ 2–220.02. Definitions.
For purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Affiliated employee” means any individual employed by a recipient who received compensation directly from government assistance or a contract with the District of Columbia government (“District Government”), including any employee of a contractor or subcontractor of a recipient who performs services pursuant to government assistance or contract.
(2) “Contract” means a written agreement between a recipient and the District government.
(3) “Government assistance” means a grant, loan, or tax increment financing that results in a financial benefit from an agency, commission, instrumentality, or other entity of the District government.
(4) “Living wage” means an hourly wage rate of $11.75 per hour, regardless of whether health care benefits are provided.
(5) “Recipient” means any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, association, joint venture, limited liability company, corporation, or any other form of business that enters into a contract with or receives government assistance from the District government.