§ 22–4151. Qualifying offenses.
(a) The following criminal offenses shall be qualifying offenses for the purposes of DNA collection under the DNA Analysis Backlog Elimination Act of 2000, approved December 19, 2000 (Pub. L. No. 106-546; 114 Stat. 2726) [42 U.S.C. §§ 14135-14135e]:
(1) Any felony;
(2) Any offense for which the penalty is greater than one year imprisonment;
(3) § 22-1312(b) (lewd, indecent, or obscene acts (knowingly in the presence of a child under the age of 16 years));
(4) § 22-2201 (certain obscene activities involving minors);
(5) § 22-3102 (sexual performances using minors);
(6) § 22-3006 (misdemeanor sexual abuse);
(7) § 22-3010.01 (misdemeanor sexual abuse of a child or minor); and
(8) Attempt or conspiracy to commit any of the offenses listed in paragraphs (1) through (7) of this subsection.
(b) DNA collected by an agency of the District of Columbia shall not be searched for the purpose of identifying a family member related to the individual from whom the DNA sample was acquired.