(a) To qualify for issuance, renewal of a license, transfer of a license to a new location, or an application for the approval of a substantial change in operation as determined by the Board under § 25-404, an applicant shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Board that the establishment is appropriate for the locality, section, or portion of the District where it is to be located.
(b) In determining the appropriateness of an establishment, the Board shall consider all relevant evidence of record, including:
(1) The effect of the establishment on real property values;
(2) The effect of the establishment on peace, order, and quiet, including the noise and litter provisions set forth in §§ 25-725 and 25-726;
(3) The effect of the establishment upon residential parking needs and vehicular and pedestrian safety; and
(4) In the case of a license renewal, the provisions of this subsection and § 25-315.
(c)(1) The requirements of this section shall not apply to applicants for a solicitor's license, temporary license, festival license, pub crawl license, or farmer's market license.
(2) Applicants for a caterer’s license shall apply according to the procedures under Chapter 20 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations.
(d) No license shall be issued for an outlet, property, establishment, or business which sells motor vehicle gasoline or which holds a Motor Vehicle Sales, Service, and Repair endorsement under § 47-2851.03(c)(9) [now § 47-2851.03(a)(9)] or an Environmental Materials endorsement under § 47-2851.03(c)(4) [now § 47-2851.03(a)(4)] to its master [basic] business license.