§ 29–1015.05. Filings required for merger; effective date.
(a) After each constituent limited cooperative association has approved a merger, articles of merger shall be signed on behalf of each constituent association by an authorized representative.
(b) The articles of merger shall include:
(1) The name of each constituent limited cooperative association and the jurisdiction under the laws of which it is organized;
(2) The name of the surviving limited cooperative association, the jurisdiction under the laws of which it is organized, and, if the surviving association is created by the merger, a statement to that effect;
(3) The date the merger is to be effective;
(4) If the surviving association is to be created by the merger and will be a domestic limited cooperative association, the limited cooperative association’s articles of organization;
(5) If the surviving association is not created by the merger and is a domestic limited cooperative association, any amendments provided for in the plan of merger to its articles of organization;
(6) A statement as to each constituent association that the merger was approved as required by its organic law;
(7) If the surviving association is a foreign cooperative not authorized to do business in the District, the street address and, if different, mailing address of an office which the Mayor may use for the purposes of § 29-104.12; and
(8) Any additional information required by the organic law of any constituent association.
(c) Each limited cooperative association that is a party to a merger shall deliver the articles of merger to the Mayor for filing.
(d) A merger shall be effective under this subchapter upon the later of:
(1) Compliance with subsection (c) of this section; or
(2) Subject to § 29-102.03, as specified in the articles of merger.