§ 29–104.05. Listing of commercial registered agent.
(a) A person may become listed as a commercial registered agent by delivering to the Mayor for filing a commercial registered agent listing statement signed by the person which states:
(1) The name of the individual or the name of the entity, type of entity, and jurisdiction of formation of the entity;
(2) That the person is in the business of serving as a commercial registered agent in the District; and
(3) The address of a place of business of the person in the District to which service of process, notices, and demands being served on or sent to entities represented by the person may be delivered.
(b) A commercial registered agent listing statement may include the information regarding acceptance by the agent of service of process in a form other than a written record as provided for in § 29-104.12(e).
(c) If the name of a person delivering to the Mayor for filing a commercial registered agent listing statement is not distinguishable on the records of the Mayor from the name of another commercial registered agent listed under this section, the person shall adopt a fictitious name that is distinguishable and use that name in its statement and when it does business in the District as a commercial registered agent.
(d) The Mayor shall note the filing of the commercial registered agent listing statement in the records maintained by the Mayor for each entity represented by the agent at the time of the filing. The statement has the effect of amending the registered agent filing for each of those entities to:
(1) Designate the person becoming listed as the commercial registered agent of each of those entities; and
(2) Delete the address of the former agent from the registered agent filing of each of those entities.