§ 29–104.09. Change of name, address, type of entity, or jurisdiction of formation by commercial registered agent.
(a) If a commercial registered agent changes its name, its address as listed under § 29-104.05(a)(3), its type of entity, or its jurisdiction of formation, the agent shall deliver to the Mayor for filing a statement of change signed by the agent which states:
(1) The name of the agent as listed under § 29-104.05(a)(1);
(2) If the name of the agent has changed, the new name;
(3) If the address of the agent has changed, the new address;
(4) If the type of entity has changed, the new type of entity; and
(5) If the jurisdiction of formation of the entity has changed, the new jurisdiction of formation.
(b) The filing by the Mayor of a statement of change under subsection (a) of this section shall change the information regarding the agent with respect to each entity represented by the agent.
(c) A commercial registered agent promptly shall furnish each entity represented by it notice in a record of the filing by the Mayor of a statement of change relating to the name or address of the agent and the changes made in the statement.
(d) If a commercial registered agent changes its address without delivering for filing a statement of change as required by this section, the Mayor may cancel the listing of the agent under § 29-104.05. A cancellation under this subsection shall have the same effect as a termination under § 29-104.06. Promptly after canceling the listing of an agent, the Mayor shall serve notice in a record in the manner provided in § 29-104.12(b) or (c) on:
(1) Each entity represented by the agent, stating that the agent has ceased to be a registered agent for the entity and that, until the entity designates a new registered agent, service of process may be made on the entity as provided in § 29-104.12; and
(2) The agent, stating that the listing of the agent has been canceled under this section.