§ 29–105.07. Withdrawal of registration of registered foreign entity.
(a) A registered foreign entity may withdraw its registration by delivering a statement of withdrawal to the Mayor for filing. The statement of withdrawal shall be signed by the entity and state:
(1) The name of the foreign entity and the name of the jurisdiction under whose law it is formed;
(2) The type of entity, including, if it is a limited partnership, whether it is a limited liability limited partnership;
(3) That the entity is not doing business in the District and that it withdraws its registration to do business in the District;
(4) That the entity revokes the authority of its registered agent to accept service on its behalf in the District; and
(5) An address to which service of process may be made under subsection (b) of this section.
(b) After the withdrawal of the registration of an entity, service of process in any action or proceeding based on a cause of action arising during the time it was registered to do business in the District may be made pursuant to § 29-104.12.