§ 3–608. Violations of Commission rules; penalties.
(a) Any person who holds any boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, martial arts, or mixed martial arts contest, match or exhibition in the District of Columbia, or engages or participates in a boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, martial arts, or mixed martial arts contest, match, or exhibition without a valid license or permit effective at the time as provided in § 3-606(b), shall, upon conviction thereof, be fined or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both. Such cases shall be prosecuted by the Attorney General for the District of Columbia in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
(b) In the case of a person who is found by a preponderance of the evidence, under the contested case procedure in Chapter 5 of Title 2, in a hearing before the Commission, to have violated lawful orders or rules of the Commission other than those penalized by subsection (a) of this section, the Commission may, upon findings explaining its actions:
(1) Revoke the licenses previously obtained by such person under the Commission rules;
(2) Consider the violation as grounds for future license denials against such person;
(3) Levy a fine in an amount that the Commission considers appropriate;
(4) Refer the case to the Attorney General for further prosecution; or
(5) Make such other orders as are reasonable and just, restricting or directing the violator’s actions in regard to boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, martial arts, or mixed martial arts in the District of Columbia.
(c) For failure to file the reports or pay the fees required in subsections (b) and (c) of § 3-607, a fine amounting to 10% of the fees due under that section, up to a maximum of 30% thereof, shall be assessed for each month or part thereof in which such required reports are not filed, or fees paid.
(d) Civil fines, penalties, and fees may be imposed as alternative sanctions for any infraction of the provisions of this chapter, or any rules or regulations issued under the authority of this chapter, pursuant to Chapter 18 of Title 2. Adjudication of any infraction of this chapter shall be pursuant to Chapter 18 of Title 2.