§ 31–1302. Applicability.
The proceedings authorized by this chapter may be applied to:
(1) All insurers who are doing, or have done, an insurance business in the District, and against whom claims arising from that business may exist now or in the future;
(2) All insurers who purport to do an insurance business in the District;
(3) All insurers who have insureds resident in the District;
(4) All other persons organized or in the process of organizing with the intent to do an insurance business in the District;
(5) All title insurance companies subject to the laws of the District;
(6) All prepaid health care delivery plans;
(7) All nonprofit service plans and all fraternal benefit societies and beneficial societies; and
(8) All insurers making contracts of fidelity or surety contracts or other negotiations preliminary to the executions of the contracts.