§ 31–633. Confidentiality.
(a) The Commissioner shall:
(1) Treat and maintain applicants’ fingerprints and any criminal history record background information obtained under this chapter as confidential;
(2) Apply security measures consistent with the Criminal Justice Information Services Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s standards for the electronic storage of fingerprints and necessary identifying information; and
(3) Limit the use of records solely for the purposes authorized by this chapter.
(b) For the purposes of this chapter, any such records shall:
(1) Not be deemed to be a public record within the meaning of § 2-502(18);
(2) Not be subject to disclosure, except pursuant to a subpoena issued by order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
(3) Be kept confidential by law and privileged; and
(4) Not be subject to discovery or admissible in any private civil action.