(1) "Administrative Law Judge" means an administrative law judge of the Office of Administrative Hearings, established by § 2-1831.02.
(1A) "Attorney General" means the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, as established by § 1-204.35.
(1B) “Employer” includes every individual, partnership, firm, general contractor, subcontractor, association, corporation, the legal representative of a deceased individual, or the receiver, trustee, or successor of an individual, firm, partnership, general contractor, subcontractor, association, or corporation, employing any person in the District of Columbia; provided, that the word “employer” shall not include the government of the United States, the government of the District of Columbia, or any agency of either of said governments, or any employer subject to the Railway Labor Act (45 U.S.C. § 151 et seq.).
(2) “Employee” shall include any person suffered or permitted to work by an employer.
(3) “Wages” means all monetary compensation after lawful deductions, owed by an employer, whether the amount owed is determined on a time, task, piece, commission, or other basis of calculation. The term “wages” includes a:
(C) Fringe benefits paid in cash;
(D) Overtime premium; and
(E) Other remuneration promised or owed:
(i) Pursuant to a contract for employment, whether written or oral;
(ii) Pursuant to a contract between an employer and another person or entity; or
(iii) Pursuant to District or federal law.
(4) “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District of Columbia or his designated agent or agents.
(5) “Working day” means any day exclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, or legal holidays.