§ 32–173.03. Establishment of Jobs First DC grants.
(a) Beginning no later than December 15, 2021, DOES shall award a minimum of 2 grants, each not less than $250,000 per year for a minimum of 2 years, subject to the availability of funds, to provide job placement and employment retention support for District residents.
(b) To be eligible for a grant, an applicant shall:
(1) Be located in the District;
(2) Be a nonprofit organization with a 501(c)(3) status, as determined by the Internal Revenue Service;
(3) Have demonstrated success providing the employment assistance described in § 32-173.02(b) to individuals with the characteristics described in section 4145(d), as evidenced by a minimum of a 65% employment placement rate; and
(4) Have demonstrated success providing employment support to individuals for up to 12 months, as evidenced by a minimum of a 70% employment retention rate.
(c) DOES may give preference to applicants that have partnerships with:
(1) Organizations that provide criminal and credit record review and recovery support; or
(2) Financial institutions to establish individual development accounts ("IDAs") for employed participants, in which the progressive employment retention bonuses outlined in subsection (d)(3) of this section and other savings may be deposited and matched to help participants build assets and achieve financial stability.
(d) Grantees shall:
(1) Select Program participants according to the criteria outlined in § 32-173.04.
(2) Provide participants the services outlined in § 32-173.02(b); and
(3) Provide progressive employment retention bonuses totaling up to $500 for each participant who meets the following milestones:
(A) At 180 days of employment, a participant shall receive $250; and
(B) At 365 days of employment, a participant shall receive $250;
(4) Receive a training outcomes bonus totaling up to $500 for each participant who meets the following milestones:
(A) For each participant that remains employed for 180 days, a grantee shall receive $250; and
(B) For each participant that remains employed for 365 days, a grantee shall receive $250.
(e) Grantees may establish and facilitate a participant alumni group for the purpose of providing participants access to education and training opportunities and to promote professional advancement.