(1) “Committed relationship” means a familial relationship between 2 individuals characterized by mutual caring and the sharing of a mutual residence.
(2) “District government employee” means any employee eligible for the District of Columbia Employees Health Benefits Program.
(3) “Domestic partner” means a person with whom an individual maintains a committed relationship as defined in paragraph (1) of this section and who has registered under § 32-702(a) or whose relationship is recognized under § 32-702(i). Each partner shall:
(A) Be at least 18 years old and competent to contract;
(B) Be the sole domestic partner of the other person; and
(C) Not be married.
(4) “Domestic partnership” means the relationship between 2 persons who become domestic partners by registering in accordance with § 32-702 or whose relationship is recognized under § 32-702(i).
(5) “Employee” means any individual employed by an employer.
(6) “Employer” means any individual, firm, partnership, mutual company, joint stock company, association, corporation, unincorporated organization, incorporated society, labor union, receiver, trustee, agent or representative of any of the foregoing, and the District of Columbia government which, for compensation, employs an individual.
(7) “Family member” means:
(A) A domestic partner; or
(B) A dependent child of a domestic partner, which shall include, for the purposes of this section, an unmarried person under 22 years of age, an unmarried person under 25 years of age who is a full-time student, or an unmarried person regardless of age who is incapable of self-support because of a mental or physical disability that existed before age 22. A dependent child of a domestic partner shall include a natural child, adopted child, stepchild, foster child, or child in the legal custody of a domestic partner.