§ 32–931. Restriction on pre-employment marijuana testing.
(a) An employer may only test a prospective employee for marijuana use after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, unless otherwise required by law.
(b) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to:
(1) Affect employee compliance with employer workplace drug policies;
(2) Require an employer to permit or accommodate the use, consumption, possession, transfer, display, transportation, sale, or growing of marijuana in the workplace or at any time during employment;
(3) Interfere with federal employment contracts; or
(4) Prevent the employer from denying a position based on a positive test for marijuana.
(c) For the purposes of this section, the term:
(1) “Employer” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 32-1101(6).
(2) “Prospective employee” means any individual applying for employment with an employer.