§ 38–2251. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "DCPS" means the District of Columbia Public Schools.
(2) "District university grantees" means an accredited university or college, other
than UDC, that operates in the District and has received a teacher preparation grant from OSSE.
(3) "Dual enrollment student" means a student who is enrolled in:
(A) A DCPS or public charter school high school; and
(B) UDC or an accredited college or university, other than UDC, that operates in the District of Columbia.
(4) "Local education agency" or "LEA" means the District of Columbia Public Schools system, any individual District public charter school, or any group of public charter schools operating under a single charter.
(5) "OSSE" means the Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
(6) "Paraprofessional" means an individual employed by an LEA to provide instructional, behavioral, or other support under the supervision of a licensed or certified teacher, to students in or outside of the classroom. This term includes instructional aides or assistants, teacher aides, and paraeducators.
(7) "Program" means the "Grow Your Own" Teacher Preparation Support Program established pursuant to this chapter.
(8) "Program participant" means a public high school dual enrollment student, a public high school graduate, or a paraprofessional employed by an LEA that is receiving financial assistance or professional support through the Program.
(9) "Public high school" means a high school in the DCPS system or a District public charter high school.
(10) "UDC" means the University of the District of Columbia.