§ 38–2616. Statewide Special Education Compliance Fund.
(a) There is established as a special fund the Statewide Special Education Compliance Fund ("Fund"), which shall be administered by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) There shall be deposited into the Fund such amounts as may be appropriated to the Fund.
(c) Money in the Fund shall be used for the following purposes:
(1) To provide, establish, and maintain the supports and resources to ensure timely special education due process proceedings, timely implementation of hearing officer determinations in special education due process proceedings, and timely implementation of settlement agreements that settle special education due process complaints;
(2) To develop, maintain, or improve new and existing data systems and applications related to the provision of special education services to students with disabilities;
(3) To pay for state-level activities, supports, or resources related to assisting and monitoring local education agencies, schools, or any other responsible party in their compliance with federal and local laws and regulations for the provision of special education services to students with disabilities; and
(4) To support activities required to ensure continued compliance with federal and local laws and regulations regarding the provision of special education services to students with disabilities.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund but not expended in a fiscal year shall not revert to the unassigned fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.