§ 38–432. Use of school facilities; issuance of permits.
(a) School facilities shall be used according to the following order of priority:
(1) Use of the school facility by the public school where the school facility is located;
(2) Use of the school facility by DCPS;
(3) Community use at times designated by the Mayor; and
(4) Use of the school facility by permit holders.
(b)(1) The Mayor shall issue permits to applicants for the use of school facilities in a manner that maximizes use while maintaining the quality of the school facilities and ensuring compliance with Internal Revenue Service rules governing tax-exempt bond financed property.
(2) If more than one applicant submits a permit application to use the same school facility for the same period of time, the Mayor shall issue the permit according to the following order of priority:
(A) DCPS school program providers, including Adopt-a-School Program participants and School Partnership Fellows;
(B) Athletic programs organized by the Department of Parks and Recreation, District of Columbia public charter schools, or the District of Columbia State Athletic Association;
(C) Nonprofit organizations that principally serve District residents who are youths;
(D) Other nonprofit organizations that principally serve District residents;
(E) Individuals who are District residents or entities whose principal place of business is in the District; and
(3) Where applicants for use of a particular school facility are of the same priority level under paragraph (2) of this subsection, the Mayor shall issue the permit to the applicant who submitted an application first.
(c) The Mayor may charge permit, custodial, or security fees associated with the use of a school facility.