(a) It shall be the goal of the District of Columbia for children to engage in physical activity for at least 60 minutes each day or for the time period recommended for specific age groups in § 38-824.02.
(b) Public schools and public charter schools shall promote this goal.
(c) Public schools and public charter schools shall seek to maximize physical activity by means including:
(1) Extending the school day;
(2) Encouraging students to walk or bike to school;
(3) Promoting active recess;
(4) Including physical activity in before-school and after-school activities;
(5) Supporting athletic programs;
(6) Integrating movement into classroom instruction and classroom instructional breaks;
(7) Entering into shared-use agreements with organizations that provide physical activity programming for children outside of the normal school day; and
(8) Using physical activity as a reward for student achievement and good behavior.