§ 38–951.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Child abuse" means the:
(A) Infliction of physical or mental injury upon a child;
(B) Sexual abuse, as that term is defined in § 22-3020.51(4), or exploitation of a child; or
(C) Negligent treatment or maltreatment of a child.
(2) "Local education agency" or "LEA" means the District of Columbia Public Schools system or any individual or group of public charter schools operating under a single charter.
(3) "School" means a public, public charter, independent, private, or parochial school organized or authorized to operate under the laws of the District that offers instruction at any level or grade from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
(4) "Sexual misconduct" means any verbal, nonverbal, written or electronic communication, or any other act directed toward or with a student that is designed to establish a sexual relationship with a student, including:
(A) A sexual invitation;
(B) Dating or soliciting a date;
(C) Engaging in sexual dialogue;
(D) Making sexually suggestive comments;
(E) Describing prior sexual encounters; or
(F) Physical exposure of a sexual or erotic nature.
(5) "Staff" means an employee or volunteer of a school, or an employee of an entity with whom the school contracts, who acts as an agent of the school at the school or activities sponsored by a school.
(6) "Student sexual abuse" means sexual abuse, as that term is defined in § 22-3020.51(4), committed against a student of a school.