§ 4–1371.04(Perm). Composition of the Child Fatality Review Committee.
(a) The Mayor shall appoint a minimum of one representative from appropriate programs providing services to children within the following public agencies:
(1) Department of Human Services;
(2) Department of Health;
(3) Office of the Chief Medical Examiner;
(4) Child and Family Services Agency;
(5) Metropolitan Police Department;
(6) Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department,
(7) D.C. Public Schools;
(8) District of Columbia Housing Authority;
(9) Office of the Attorney General;
(10) Department of Behavioral Health;
(11) Department of Health Care Finance;
(12) Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services; and
(13) Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
(14) Public Charter School Board.
(b) The Mayor shall appoint, or request the designation of, members from federal, judicial, and private agencies and the general public who are knowledgeable in child development, maternal and child health, child abuse and neglect, prevention, intervention, treatment or research, with due consideration given to representation of ethnic or racial minorities and to geographic areas of the District of Columbia. The appointments shall include representatives from the following:
(1) Superior Court of the District of Columbia;
(2) Office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia;
(3) District of Columbia hospitals where children are born or treated;
(4) College or university schools of social work; and
(5) Mayor’s Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect.
(c) The Mayor shall additionally appoint 8 community representatives, none of whom shall be employees of the District, in accordance with § 1-523.01(f).
(c-1) Not Funded.
(d) Governmental appointees shall serve at the will of the Mayor, or of the federal or judicial body designating their availability for appointment. Community representatives shall serve for 3-year terms.
(e) Vacancies in membership shall be filled in the same manner in which the original appointment was made.
(f) The Committee shall select co-chairs according to rules set forth by the Committee.
(g) The Committee shall establish quorum and other procedural requirements as it considers necessary.