§ 4–555.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Actual address" means a participant's residential, work, or school address, or a combination thereof, as specified on an applicant's application to participate in the Program.
(2) "Applicant" means a District resident who:
(A) Submits or intends to submit an application to OVSJG to participate in the Program; and
(B) Is a victim of a covered offense or a covered employee.
(3) "Application assistant" means a person trained and designated by OVSJG to assist an applicant or an applicant's representative in the preparation of an application to participate in the Program.
(4) "Covered employee" means an individual, including a volunteer, who provides services at an organization:
(A) That focuses on reproductive healthcare; or
(B) Whose primary purpose is serving victims of a covered offense.
(5) "Covered offense" means domestic violence, a sexual offense, stalking, or human trafficking.
(6) "Day" means calendar day, unless otherwise specified in this subchapter.
(7) "District agency" means any office, department, division, board, commission, or other unit of the District government, including an independent agency, required by law or by the Mayor or the Council to administer any law or any rule adopted under the authority of a law.
(8) "Domestic violence" shall have the same meaning as provided in § 4-551(1).
(10) "Law enforcement agency" means the Metropolitan Police Department, the Office of the Attorney General, or any other District agency, except the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and the Department of Forensic Sciences, that has the authority to investigate, make arrests for, or prosecute or adjudicate District criminal or delinquency offenses. The term "law enforcement agency" includes a covered Federal law enforcement agency, as that term is defined in § 5-133.17(d), that has entered into a cooperative agreement with the Metropolitan Police Department pursuant to § 5-133.17, to the extent the covered Federal law enforcement agency is acting pursuant to the cooperative agreement.
(11) "OVSJG" means the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants.
(12) "Participant" means an applicant who is certified under § 4-555.03.
(13) "Program" means the Address Confidentiality Program established by this subchapter to protect the confidentiality of an actual address of a participant.
(14) "Representative" means a parent, guardian, or legal representative of:
(A) A minor, if the minor resides with the parent, guardian, or legal representative; or
(B) An incapacitated person.
(15) "Sexual offense" means any of the following offenses:
(A) Incest, as described in § 22-1901);
(B) First degree sexual abuse, as described in § 22-3002;
(C) Second degree sexual abuse, as described in § 22-3003;
(D) Third degree sexual abuse, as described in § 22-3004;
(E) Fourth degree sexual abuse, as described in § 22-3005;
(F) Misdemeanor sexual abuse, as described in § 22-3006;
(G) First degree sexual abuse of a secondary education student, as described in § 22-3009.03;
(H) Second degree sexual abuse of a secondary education student, as described in § 22-3009.04;
(I) First degree sexual abuse of a ward, patient, client, or prisoner, as described in § 22-3013;
(J) Second degree sexual abuse of a ward, patient, client, or prisoner, as described in § 22-3014;
(K) First degree sexual abuse of a patient or client, as described in § 22-3015;
(L) Second degree sexual abuse of a patient or client, as described in § 22-3016; or
(M) Attempts to commit sexual offenses, as described in § 22-3018.
(16) "Stalking" means an act prohibited by § 22-3133.
(17) "Substitute address" means an address designated by OVSJG under the Program that can be used by a participant or a participant's representative pursuant to this subchapter, instead of the participant's actual address.
(18) "Tribunal" means a court, administrative agency, or other body acting in an adjudicative capacity that, after presentation of evidence or legal argument, has jurisdiction to render a decision affecting a party's interests in a matter.