§ 4–754.12a. Additional rights for clients in permanent housing programs.
Clients residing in permanent housing provided through a permanent housing program shall have the right to:
(1) Receive visitors in their own housing unit or, if applicable, in the common area designated for such purposes, in accordance with their lease or occupancy agreement;
(2) Leave and return to their own housing unit at will, in accordance with their lease or occupancy agreement;
(3) Be free from inspections by any person acting on behalf of a provider or by a District agency administering this chapter, except:
(A) As required as a condition of program participation, but in any case, not more than once per year; or
(B) Notwithstanding subparagraph (A) of this paragraph, when, in the opinion of the provider, person acting on behalf of the provider, or District agency, there is reasonable cause to believe that the client is in possession of a substance or object that poses an imminent threat to the health and safety of the client or any other person in the client's housing unit, and such reasonable cause is documented in the client's record;
(4) Reasonable advance notice of any inspection, except in the circumstances described in paragraph (3)(B) of this section;
(5) Be present or have another adult authorized by the client be present at the time of any inspection, except in the circumstances described in paragraph (3)(B) of this section;
(6) Be free from drug and alcohol testing, except when the client consents to testing as part of the client's service plan or case management plan;
(7) Not be responsible for the provider's portion of the housing subsidy while the client is in the permanent housing program;
(9) A housing inspection conducted in accordance with the provider's program inspection requirements before moving into a housing unit, with a copy of the inspection report retained in the client's case file.