§ 42–3141.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Abate” means to effectively remove or cover.
(2) “Abatement costs” means the reasonably estimated costs incurred by the District to abate graffiti.
(3) “Deputy Chief Financial Officer” means the Deputy Chief Financial Officer for the Office of Tax and Revenue or his designee.
(4) “Graffiti” means any inscription, writing, drawing, marking, or design that is painted, sprayed, etched, scratched, or otherwise placed on structures, buildings, dwellings, statues, monuments, fences, vehicles, or other similar objects that are on personal property located outdoors, or placed on trees, rocks, or other natural features, without the consent or authorization of the property owner, without regard to when that consent or authorization was given, and the graffiti is visible from a public right-of way.
(5) “Owner” means a property owner or the property owner’s designated agent unless otherwise specified.
(6) “Reply” means the response provided by the owner under § 42-3141.03(c).