§ 42–3502.20. Report of Mayor.
(a) No later than October 1, 1988, the Mayor shall report to the Council on the continued need for the rent stabilization program.
(b) The report shall be prepared by a person not affiliated with the District government and shall contain:
(1) The number of new and renovated units which have been placed on the rental housing market since July 17, 1985;
(2) The number of new and renovated units it is anticipated will be placed on the rental housing market annually until 1996;
(3) An assessment of the effectiveness of the Tenant Assistance Program; the adequacy of monies appropriated for the program; and the projected costs of the Tenant Assistance Program in the absence of rent stabilization legislation;
(4) The impact of the rent stabilization program on the cost and supply of rental housing;
(5) An assessment of the present rent stabilization program in terms of its being understandable, efficient, inexpensive, equitable, and flexible;
(6) The impact of the present rent stabilization program upon small housing providers compared to large housing providers;
(7) The number of District residents living in substandard housing and their locations;
(8) An assessment of the impact of the proposed civil infractions law on housing code violations, if the law is enacted in a timely manner;
(9) An assessment of the probable impact on the private rental housing market and the present rent stabilization program of the following individual or combination of factors:
(A) Vacancy decontrol;
(B) Luxury decontrol;
(C) Increasing from 4 units to 10 units the maximum rental units exemption under § 42-3502.05(a)(3); and
(D) Tying the rent stabilization program to the amount of family income available for rent; and
(10) Any other information considered appropriate by the drafters of the report.