§ 42–3508.04. Distressed properties improvement program.
(a) The Mayor may establish and administer a distressed property improvement program to assist those housing accommodations which meet the requirements of § 42-3501.03(9).
(b) The distressed property improvement program may include any or all of the following:
(1) A 5-year deferral or moratorium on real property taxes;
(2) Deferral or forgiveness of water and sewer charges in arrears;
(3) Deferral or forgiveness of tax liens;
(4) Deferral or forgiveness of any indebtedness owed to the District;
(5) Low-interest or no-interest loans; and
(6) Financial grants.
(c) Nothing in subsection (b) of this section or this subchapter shall be construed as creating a right or entitlement for any housing provider or other person.
(d) Distressed properties and new or rehabilitated vacant rental housing under §§ 42-3508.02 and 42-3508.03 shall have priority over other properties for participation in the Tenant Assistance Program so long as the tenants who reside in distressed property and who receive assistance from the Tenant Assistance Program are doing so consistent with the provisions of § 42-3503.03(c).