§ 47–1807.51. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Credit certificate” means a statement issued by the Mayor, issued under § 47-1807.55, certifying that a project qualifies for the job growth tax credit and specifying the amount of the job growth tax credit allowed.
(2) “Credit period” means a period of up to 60 consecutive months for which a taxpayer may claim the job growth tax credit that is calculated annually by the Mayor. The credit period shall not extend past December 31, 2020.
(3) “Chief Financial Officer” means the Office of the Chief Financial Officer created by § 1-204.24a.
(4) “FICA taxes” means the taxes imposed by section 3111(a) and (b) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
(5) “Job growth tax credit” means the credit against the franchise taxes imposed by subchapters VII and VIII of this chapter allowed pursuant to this subchapter.
(6) “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District of Columbia
(7) “Net job growth” means the difference between the total number of full-time equivalent employees, who are residents of the District of Columbia, employed by the taxpayer in the District of Columbia for the project at the end of each calendar year of the project and the total number of full-time equivalent employees, who are residents of the District of Columbia, employed by the taxpayer in the District of Columbia for the project at the commencement of the project.
(8) “Project” means any business project that encourages, promotes, and stimulates economic development in key economic sectors and that is approved by the Mayor as specified in § 47-1807.54.
(9) “Taxpayer” means a taxpayer engaged in trade or business.