§ 49–1101.02. Purpose and policy.
It is the purpose of the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children to remove barriers to educational success imposed on children of military families because of frequent moves and deployment of their parents by:
(1) Facilitating the timely enrollment of children of military families and ensuring that they are not placed at a disadvantage due to difficulty in the transfer of educational records from the previous school district or variations in entrance or age requirements;
(2) Facilitating the student-placement process through which children of military families are not disadvantaged by variations in attendance requirements, scheduling, sequencing, grading, course content, or assessment;
(3) Facilitating the qualification and eligibility for enrollment, educational programs, and participation in extracurricular academic, athletic, and social activities;
(4) Facilitating the on-time graduation of children of military families;
(5) Providing for the promulgation and enforcement of administrative rules implementing the provisions of the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children;
(6) Providing for the uniform collection and sharing of information between and among member states, schools, and military families;
(7) Promoting coordination between the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children and other compacts affecting military children; and
(8) Promoting flexibility and cooperation between the educational system, parents, and students to achieve educational success for the students.