§ 50–101. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) “Consumer” means the purchaser of any food or any person who eats the purchased food.
(2) “Driver safety course” means an employer-sponsored course designed to teach defensive driving and road safety skills.
(3) “Food delivery service” means a service offered by a restaurant or retail business for the delivery of food or food products directly to a consumer.
(4) “Motor vehicle” means any vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine, electricity, or steam. The term “motor vehicle” shall not include a road roller, farm tractor, vehicle propelled only upon a stationary rail or track, or a battery-operated wheelchair operated by a person with a disability at a speed not exceeding 10 miles per hour.
(5) “Restaurant” means a place in the District of Columbia (“District”) that sells or prepares food, drinks, or refreshments to be consumed by persons on or off the premises where prepared or sold.