§ 50–110.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Contact information" means the legal name, website, business address, and telephone number.
(2) "Crosswalk" means the part of a roadway at an intersection included within the lateral lines connecting sidewalks on opposite sides of the roadway.
(3) "Department" means the District Department of Transportation.
(4) "Director" means the Director of the Department.
(5) "Eligible entity" means a corporation, partnership, association, firm, sole proprietorship, or other entity engaged in business.
(6)(A) "Hazardous materials" means substances or materials in a quantity and form that may pose an unreasonable risk to health, safety, or property when transported in commerce.
(B) The term "hazardous materials" includes explosives, radioactive materials, etiological agents, flammable liquids or solids, combustible liquids or solids, poisons, oxidizing or corrosive materials, or compressed gases.
(7) "Operator" means an agent of a permit holder who exercises direct physical control over, or monitoring of, the operation of a PDD.
(8) "PDD" means an electronically powered device that:
(A) Is intended to transport property on sidewalks and crosswalks;
(B) Weighs less than 90 pounds, excluding any property being carried by the PDD;
(C) Has a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour; and
(D) Is capable of operating both with and without the direct control of the operator.
(9) "Pedestrian" means any person afoot or who is using a wheelchair.
(10) "Permit holder" means an eligible entity that has received a permit from the Department, pursuant to this chapter, authorizing the operation of a PDD.
(11) "Traffic" includes motor vehicles, motorcycles, personal mobility device, pedestrians, bicyclists, and animals.