(1) "Building Code Official" means the Director of the Department of Buildings, or the Director’s designee.
(2) "Construction Codes" means the most recent edition of the codes published by the International Code Council, or by a comparable nationally recognized and accepted code development organization, as adopted and amended by the Construction Codes Supplement by the District pursuant to the procedures set forth in
§ 6-1409 and in Title 12 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations or any successor regulations; provided, that where the Construction Codes authorize work to be carried to completion under a previous edition of the Construction Codes, the term "Construction Codes" shall refer to that previous edition.
(3) "Construction Codes Supplement" means the additions, insertions, deletions, and changes to the Model Codes adopted by the District pursuant to
(4) "Construction documents" mean all written, graphic, and pictorial documents prepared or assembled for describing the design, location, and physical characteristics of the elements of a project necessary for obtaining a permit.
(5) "Council" means the Council of the District of Columbia.
(6) "Department" means the Department of Buildings.
(7) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Buildings, or the Director’s designee.
(8) "District" means the District of Columbia.
(9) "Fire protection systems" means the devices, equipment, and systems utilized to detect a fire, activate an alarm, or suppress or control a fire, or any combination thereof.
(10) "Model Codes" means the codes published by the International Code Council, or by a comparable nationally recognized and accepted code-development organization, that are adopted by the District pursuant to § 6-1409.
(11) "Project" means construction that is all or a part of one development scheme, built at one time or in phases.
(12) " Third party plan reviewer" means a person certified by the Director to conduct a third party review of one or more components of construction documents and to certify compliance with the Construction Codes.