§ 6–1451.07. Green Building Fund.
(a) There is established as a special fund the Green Building Fund ("Fund"), which shall be administered by the Mayor in accordance with subsection (c) of this section. The purpose of the Fund is to streamline administrative green building processes, improve sustainability performance outcomes, build capacity of development and administrative oversight professionals in green building skills and knowledge, institutionalize innovation, overcome barriers to achieving high-performance buildings, and continuously promote the sustainability of green building practices in the District.
(c) Money in the Fund shall be used for the following:
(1) The following amounts shall be transferred to the Sustainable Energy Trust Fund ("SETF") established by § 8-1774.10:
(A) For each of Fiscal Years 2022, 2023, 2024, and 2025, a minimum of $900,000; and
(B) For each fiscal year thereafter, 50% of monies in the Fund; and
(2) Costs for at least 3 full-time employees at DCRA, or elsewhere as assigned by the Mayor, whose primary job duties are devoted to technical assistance, plan review, and inspections and monitoring of green buildings;
(3) Additional staff and operating costs to provide training, technical assistance, plan review, inspections and monitoring of green buildings, and green codes development;
(4) Research and development of green building practices;
(5) Education, training, outreach, and other market transformation initiatives;
(6) Seed support for demonstration projects, their evaluation, and when successful, their institutionalization; and
(7) Costs incurred to make green building materials accessible to low-income residents.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund but not expended in a fiscal year shall not revert to the unassigned fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.
(e) The Mayor may receive and administer grants for the purpose of carrying out the goals of this chapter.