§ 7–1671.09. Medical Marijuana Advisory Committee.
(a) The Mayor shall establish a Medical Marijuana Advisory Committee (“Committee”), which shall monitor:
(1) Best practices in other states that allow the use of medical marijuana;
(2) Scientific research on the medical use of marijuana; and
(3) The effectiveness of the District’s medical marijuana program.
(b) No later than January 1, 2012, the Committee shall submit a report to the Mayor and the Council recommending:
(1) Whether the District of Columbia should allow qualifying patients and caregivers to cultivate medical marijuana;
(2) How to implement and regulate cultivation of medical marijuana by qualifying patients and caregivers; and
(3) Any other comments the Committee believes to be important.