§ 7–231.27. Fees.
(a) The Registrar shall prescribe by rules issued pursuant to § 7-231.29 the fees to be paid for the following services:
(1) Processing an application to amend a vital record;
(2) Certifying records, whether paper or electronic, or searching the files when no certificate is issued;
(3) Providing copies of or information contained on live birth, death, and fetal death records for health research, statistical, or administrative purposes, or in response to subpoena or court order;
(4) Verifying information contained on live birth, death, fetal death, and domestic partnership records when the information is provided. Verification of vital events may only be provided to government agencies authorized by the Registrar;
(5) Processing an application to register a delayed report of a vital event;
(6) Replacing a live birth record subsequent to adoption, establishment of parentage, paternity acknowledgment, change in gender designation, or court order;
(7) Providing personally identifiable information from vital records data to a health researcher or an authorized government agency;
(8) Providing programming and analytic services in response to statistical data requests;
(9) Issuing a permit for final disposition or a permit to disinter human remains, or as otherwise required by law;
(10) Providing genealogical search services;
(10A) Issuing a certificate of stillbirth; and
(11) Providing any other service as determined by the Registrar.
(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this section, the fee for a certificate of birth shall be waived for:
(1) An individual released from the custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons ("BOP"), for one year after the individual is released from the custody of the BOP; and
(2) An individual in the custody of the BOP at a halfway house in the District.