§ 7–2509.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Child” means a person under 18 years of age.
(2) “Concealed pistol” means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried on or about a person entirely hidden from view of the public, or carried on or about a person in a vehicle in such a way as it is entirely hidden from view of the public.
(3) “Law enforcement officer” means a sworn member of the Metropolitan Police Department or of any other law enforcement agency operating and authorized to make arrests in the District of Columbia, and includes an MPD reserve officer, a special police officer appointed pursuant to § 5-129.02, and a campus and a university special police officer appointed pursuant to the College and University Campus Security Amendment Act of 1995, effective October 18, 1995 (D.C. Law 11-63; 6A DCMR § 1200et seq.).
(4) “License” means a license to carry a concealed pistol issued pursuant to § 22-4506.
(5) “Licensee” means a person who has been issued a license pursuant to § 22-4506.
(6) “MPD” means the Metropolitan Police Department.
(7) “Section 6 of the Pistols and Other Dangerous Weapons Act” means § 22-4506.