§ 7–2510.13. Extreme Risk Protection Order Implementation Working Group.
(a) There is established an Extreme Risk Protection Order Implementation Working Group ("Working Group"), which shall be composed of the following individuals:
(1) District government members, or their designees:
(A) The Chairperson of the Council's Committee on the Judiciary and Public Safety;
(B) The Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice;
(C) The Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services;
(D) The Attorney General for the District of Columbia;
(E) The Chief of the Metropolitan Police Department;
(F) The Gun Violence Prevention Director in the Office of the City Administrator;
(G) The Executive Director of the Office of Neighborhood Safety and Engagement;
(H) The Director of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services;
(I) The Chief Medical Examiner;
(J) The Director of the Department of Forensic Sciences;
(K) The Director of the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants;
(L) The Executive Director of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council; and
(M) The Director of the Department of Behavioral Health; and
(2) Community members and organizations, or their designees:
(A) Everytown for Gun Safety;
(B) Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, D.C. Chapter;
(C) The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence;
(D) The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence;
(E) Brady: United Against Gun Violence;
(F) The D.C. Appleseed Center for Law & Justice;
(G) The D.C. Coalition Against Domestic Violence;
(H) The D.C. Behavioral Health Association;
(I) The Council for Court Excellence;
(J) The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, National Capital Area Chapter; and
(K) One representative from each of the District's violence interruption contractors with the Office of Neighborhood Safety and Engagement and the Office of the Attorney General's Cure the Streets program.
(b) The Working Group may also request the participation of other subject matter experts, as well as designees of the following:
(1) The Chief Judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia; and
(2) The United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.
(c) The Chairperson of the Council's Committee on the Judiciary and Public Safety and the Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice shall serve as the co-chairs of the Working Group.
(d) The duties of the Working Group shall include:
(1) Improving public awareness of extreme risk protection orders;
(2) Improving the coordination of District and federal agencies regarding the filing, adjudication, and execution of extreme risk protection orders;
(3) Facilitating the education of behavioral and mental health professionals about extreme risk protection orders;
(4) Advancing the development of District government policies and procedures to govern extreme risk protection orders, such as written directives of the Metropolitan Police Department; and
(5) Reviewing and incorporating best practices from other jurisdictions concerning extreme risk protection order laws, policies, and procedures.
(e) This section shall expire on January 1, 2023.