§ 7–531.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “District” means the District of Columbia.
(2) “Eligible person” means an individual who is 60 years of age or older or is mentally or physically ill, infirm, or has a disability.
(3) “Service credit” means the unit of exchange upon which the volunteer service credit program operates.
(4) “Sponsor” means a nonprofit organization or a consortium of nonprofit organizations that receives and dispenses service credits on behalf of eligible persons and is designated by the Mayor to perform the administrative tasks necessary to implement this subchapter.
(5) “Targeted service” means a task for which service credits may be earned when performed by a volunteer for an eligible person.
(6) “Volunteer” means an individual who earns service credits by:
(A) Providing targeted services to an eligible person not related to him or her by blood, marriage, guardianship, or adoption;
(B) Providing services under a demonstration project;
(C) Participating in pre-service or in-service training under the volunteer service credit program or a demonstration project; or
(D) Performing administrative tasks in direct support of the volunteer service credit program or a demonstration project.