§ 7–671.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Committee" means the Maternal Mortality Review Committee established in § 7-671.02.
(2) "Maternal mortality" means any pregnancy-related death or pregnancy-associated death.
(3) "Personally identifiable information" means information that identifies any person or could be used to identify any person, including:
(A) Prenatal, fetal, pediatric, and infant medical records;
(B) Hospital discharge records;
(C) Hospital or clinic records and laboratory reports;
(D) Health insurance claim information;
(E) Records of fetal deaths or induced termination of pregnancies; and
(F) Records of public benefits, child abuse and neglect records, school records, mental health records, police reports, and autopsy reports.
(4) "Pregnancy-associated death" means the death of a woman while the woman is pregnant or within one year after the end of the pregnancy, irrespective of the cause, other than a pregnancy-related death.
(5) "Pregnancy-related death" means the death of a woman while the woman is pregnant or within one year after the end of the pregnancy, from any cause related to the pregnancy or its management, but not from accidental or incidental causes.