§ 7–671.03. Composition of the Maternal Mortality Review Committee.
(a) The Mayor shall appoint at least one representative from each of the following agencies:
(1) The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner;
(2) The Department of Health;
(3) The Department of Behavioral Health;
(4) The Department of Health Care Finance; and
(5) The Department of Human Services.
(b) In addition to the appointments required by subsection (a) of this section, the Mayor shall appoint the following members in accordance with § 1-523.01(f):
(1) One person with experience in obstetrics and gynecology from each of the District's hospitals and birthing centers;
(2) One representative from the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists;
(3) One representative from the American College of Nurse-Midwives;
(4) One obstetric registered nurse;
(5) One certified nurse midwife;
(6) One doula;
(7) One representative from a pediatric hospital;
(8) Three representatives from community organizations specializing in women's health, teen pregnancy, or public health;
(9) One social worker specializing in women's health or maternal health;
(10) One person who has been directly impacted by a maternal mortality[;]
(11) One person who has been directly impacted by a near maternal mortality;
(12) One anesthesiologist with experience in obstetrics; and
(13) One neonatologist with experience with high-risk pregnancies.
(c) The Committee shall select a Chairperson according to procedures set forth by the Committee.
(d) The Committee shall establish quorum and other procedural requirements as it considers necessary.
(e)(1) Members appointed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall serve at the pleasure of the Mayor.
(2) Members appointed pursuant to subsection (b) of this section shall serve a 3-year term and may be removed by the Mayor for cause. Vacancies in membership shall be filled in the same manner in which the original appointment was made.
(f) No member shall serve in a hold-over capacity for longer than 180 days after the expiration of the term to which they were appointed.
(g) The Committee may invite other stakeholders to attend or present at any relevant portion of a Committee meeting.