§ 7–682. Study of long-term care facilities and long-term care services.
(a) The Department, in consultation with residents receiving long-term care services, providers of long-term care services, community advocates, and any other appropriate District agencies, shall conduct a study using a community-based participatory research framework to evaluate the availability of affordable long-term care facilities and long-term care services in the District. The study shall:
(1) Review the availability of affordable long-term care facilities;
(2) Evaluate the number of beds available at long-term care facilities;
(3) Identify the payment sources accepted by long-term care facilities for the provision of long-term care services;
(4) Develop an estimate of the number of District residents who receive long-term care services from long-term care facilities located in Virginia and Maryland;
(5) Assess the availability of long-term care services provided to residents in the District;
(6) Identify the number of residents receiving long-term care services in the District who transitioned in the preceding year to a long-term care facility either within or outside of the District;
(7) Develop an estimate of the number of District residents who may require long-term care services over the next 10-year period; and
(8) Recommend resources to ensure residents have access to affordable long-term care services in the District.
(b) By February 1, 2019, the Department shall submit the study required pursuant to subsection (a) of this section to the Council.