§ 7–858.03. Birthing facility report cards; inspections; annual reports.
(a) Each hospital and birthing facility shall report to the Department information regarding inpatient services and processes for each of the following elements as the Department may require through rulemaking, including:
(1) Newborn screening requirements established under this chapter;
(2) Lactation support services;
(3) Education requirements on newborn and postpartum health;
(4) Discharge standards established under this chapter; and
(5) Clinical quality measures of obstetrical and neonatal care.
(b) The Department may inspect each hospital and birthing facility to verify compliance with the requirements of this chapter and to assess performance related to the elements set forth in subsection (a) of this section while conducting its annual inspection of each hospital and birthing facility.
(c) The Department shall issue an annual report that includes a report card for each hospital and birthing facility that summarizes the results of the hospital or birthing facility for each element set forth in subsection (a) of this section.