§ 7–858.05. Perinatal and Infant Health Advisory Committee; establishment and composition.
(a) There is established a Perinatal and Infant Health Advisory Committee that shall be responsible for making recommendations to the Mayor and the Director of the Department of Health regarding improving perinatal health and assuring access to quality perinatal health services.
(b) The committee shall be composed of the following 11 voting members:
(1) The Director of the Department of Health, or designee, who shall also serve as chairperson of the committee;
(2) The Director of the Department of Health Care Finance, or designee;
(3) The State Superintendent of Education, or designee;
(4) Two consumer members with children under the age of 5 years;
(5) A doctor practicing as a pediatric primary care provider;
(6) A doctor practicing as a neonatologist;
(7) A doctor practicing as an obstetrician-gynecologist in an ambulatory setting;
(8) A doctor specialized in and practicing maternal-fetal medicine;
(9) A health care professional specialized in and practicing genetics and newborn screening; and
(10) A certified lactation counselor.
(c) The non-government members shall be appointed by the Mayor pursuant to § 1-523.01(f)(69). Each non-government member shall be appointed for a term of 3 years; except, that of the initial appointments, 2 members shall be appointed for terms of 1 year, 3 members shall be appointed for terms of 2 years, and 3 members shall be appointed for terms of 3 years. If a vacancy occurs for any reason other than the normal expiration of a term, a member shall be appointed for the remainder of the unexpired portion of the term. No member shall be appointed to more than 3 consecutive 3-year terms. The members of the committee shall serve without compensation.
(d) The committee shall meet quarterly, at a time and place determined by the chairperson.
(e)(1) At least 6 members shall be present to constitute a quorum.
(2) The committee may establish such policies and procedures as it considers appropriate for the administration of its functions.
(f) The Department shall provide administrative support to the committee.