§ 8–1702. Definitions.
For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “District of Columbia government agency” means any agency, department, unit, and instrumentality, corporate or otherwise, of the District of Columbia government.
(2) “Renewable natural resources” means the land, the soil, the water, the vegetation, the trees, the fish, and the wildlife of the District of Columbia.
(3) “Conservation” means conservation, improvement, maintenance, preservation, and protection of the renewable natural resources.
(4) “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District of Columbia or the Mayor’s designee.
(5) “United States government agency” means any agency, department, unit, or instrumentality of the United States government.